Monday, November 16, 2009

My lessons got a little more complex this week as I mapped out our work last night. Wes and I sat down and made a few objectives. Here is what we are doing:

Abby
Math- multiplying 2 and 3 digit numbers with decimals, timed math skills
Reading- When Zachary Beaver Came to Town
Writing- She is doing brainstorming, a rough & final draft and illustrating a paper on "why the world would be different without tv? Good? Bad?"
Language Arts- Grammar and vocabulary
Art- making stamps in class for some note cards

Annabelle
Number-9
Letters- M, N and O
Learning about Indians and will have a "feast" in class Wednesday
Painted a picture about her favorite thing she did this week

It's not complex. We hit a few snags today. Mondays are hard especially after such a fun weekend. Abby got to go to Great Wolf lodge where they have a huge indoor waterpark. She spent a couple of days there so she was pretty waterlogged and tired when she came home. So, I am learning a bit with this whole preparing objectives thing. I hope I am getting better. We are all learning together. I think the most difficult thing for me is juggling the usual household things and schoolwork. It's hard for me to seperate the two. We'll get through this!

2 comments:

  1. oOoH I wonder what Abby's thoughts are on a world without tv.

    And M, N, and O! Wish I could learn that instead of M, N, and O in Spanish, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lou says...I remember when the girls were little and would say their ABC's........when they got to the letters"...H - I - J"......and then it would be the letter "Kel-lu-men-o"...... then "P". If that makes any sense!?!?! You will remember cute things like that. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete