Wednesday, January 13, 2010

home sweet home

So as many of you know we have been trying to buy a home for the most part of 2009. Several things have gotten in the way like Wes' graduation date getting pushed back and other things.


Well, the reason I have not written is because we are knee deep in house stuff again and I am pleased to say that we are under contract! For those of you who have never or who have not bought a home in a long time, that means that the sellers (not a bankthankyouverymuch - it's an elderly lady) and we have agreed on a price and are gathering financial documents and having the house inspected and whatnot. It was under contract before so it has been inspected and had some of the demands found repaired already. I meet the inspection guy there this afternoon. He did the inspection on the other house we had. He's a good guy. Anyway, I didn't meant to keep you waiting!

This home is large enough for our family to live for many years at 1800sqft! It has 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths and a 2 car garage. I won't be excited until the keys are in my hand but things seem to be going smoothly. I actually get sad at the idea of leaving here so I'll probably be okay here if things don't work out. You always hear people talk fondly of the time when they were young and had a tiny house with a bunch of small kids...Yeah, I am nostalgic and don't want to let that time go..almost.

I am a crazy person and I am taking this boot camp exercise class at 5:45am on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. I did not go today....oops. Slacker.


Wes is taking another mini-mester class at night. I can't wait until it is over. This is the home stretch! He'll only take two very easy (in his mind) classes in the spring! Hooray!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Amy, I am excited for you. I will be praying for you all, that God's will is done in this. I know you have wanted this for a long time. Keep us informed. Just Me.

    ReplyDelete