- He can repeat any word you say like pizza, hot dog, wheelbarrow (I like that one), chicken, meat, zoo, juice, water, tower, zebra, donut, please, push, Coke (yikes, I know), and pretty much anything else including 2 and 3 syllable words.
- He was not working on colors and numbers before now because it was much too difficult for him to pronounce them. Now he is masters 1,2,3,4 and 5 and can recognize blue, yellow, white, black and red.
- Miss Lucy also said the he completely understand pronouns which is really a very good thing for his age. He understands that when you say 'mine' it is yours and when he says 'mine' it is his.
- He is putting two words together now. He came and told me to 'wake up' today! I hear him trying to say full sentences but I am probably the only one to hear them since I am his mother. :-)
- He has very good receptive language and understands most everything you tell him and he follows directions very well. He is very sociable and recognizes social cues. I am sure this has helped speed his progress a long because of his ability to do these before therapy started. For that I am super thankful.
I know it may sound like it is a slow progress since he should have mastered a lot of these skills nearly a full year ago but I am so happy with his progress. If this has only been 3 months worth of therapy, I can't imagine where he will be this time next year. Rejoice with me!