Monday, May 3, 2010

You can't always get what you want...

First of all, I know for a fact that Amy has a slew of pictures to share with ya'll that will prove to be infinitely more interesting than my post, but given some free time - I felt like sharing. Dad asked me at work about our birthday party for the kids, "So did you take any of them on a ride?" My answer - "No Dad, it was dangerous and crazy enough."

One would think as a near-college graduate I would have little to still yet learn, but apparently there are still items I am yet uniformed in. I'm learning a lot about little boys and what it takes to keep them safe.

Getting everything you ever wanted will not make you happy. I know... everybody is aware of that, but it doesn't stop most from trying. In the past two months, I have been blessed with a house, new furniture and appliances, time, and that beautiful chunk of metal you see in the picture. I wouldn't take any of that stuff back, but I gotta tell ya - stuff will not bring you closer to your wife, kids or the Lord. In fact, for a worrier like me, it can be a detriment. The way I think, the more you have, the more to break.

I'm just thankful I have a gracious wife and a Bible. At some level, I think she really understands me and what I like. Sadly enough, the only things I know that she wants all go to the house. She doesn't have time to think about what she wants when her husband is on mad spending sprees... (well, just one). Just don't kill me when it has to go to the shop someday Amy :-)

It is going to take some serious refocusing if I am to make this approaching season of the year and my life worthwhile. We have some really neat projects planned for the summer, both small and large. Immediately, I have a few more things to wrap up for school - but honestly, I've checked out on that already. It's really just one more final that I am going to take this Wednesday. Thankfully, I'm starting to come to terms with the whole stressful idea of sitting in front of hundreds of people for two hours as well. But I could probably still benefit from some muscle relaxers and anti-anxiety drugs. I need to look into DBU's policy about recreational drug use... it's probably in the stack of instructions they sent me.




No comments:

Post a Comment